Charges will appear on your statement as "OnlineVINChecks.com - 1-866-203-7897"
1. AGREEMENT Welcome to onlinevinchecks.com! Our reports are INSTANTLY delivered to you after you order. They are provided online and will contain all the details of the vehicle you searched when available.
4. ELIGIBILITY BY USING THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. Any individual using the Website or Services on behalf of a company further represents and warrants that they are authorized to act and enter into contracts on behalf of that company. This Agreement is void where prohibited.
5. ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM'S ROLE Without limitation, You agree that Online Vin Checks is merely a technology solution that serves as a third-party platform and You use the Website and Services at Your own risk, without limitation and pursuant to Section 8 ASSUMPTION OF RISK; RELEASE. Online Vin Checks's role is limited because Online Vin Checks is not directly involved in creating or storing the underlying information in our reports. Online Vin Checks does not necessarily prescreen the content and/or information provided to users. Online Vin Checks does not take or transfer ownership of items or liability attaching thereto. For addition information, please carefully review Section 16: DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
6. LICENSE Subject to Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Online Vin Checks grants You a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable as stated in this Agreement, non-transferable license to use the Website and Services. The Website, or any portion of the Website, may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, modified, sold, resold, distributed, transmitted, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of Online Vin Checks. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Online Vin Checks. Without limitation, this Agreement grants You no rights in or to the intellectual property of Online Vin Checks or any other party, except as expressly set forth herein. The license granted in this section is conditioned on Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Your rights under this section will immediately terminate in the event that You breach, actually or potentially in the sole judgment of Online Vin Checks, any provision of this Agreement.
7. NO RELIANCE ON THIRD-PARTY CONTENT The information on the Website is provided for information purposes only. The Website and Services are provided only as a technology solution. Online Vin Checks does not: (i) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any third-party information accessible on or through the Website; or (ii) adopt, endorse, or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made by a third-party by means of the Website and Services. Under no circumstances will Online Vin Checks be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted on the Website or transmitted to or by any third-party.
8. ASSUMPTION OF RISK; RELEASE YOU KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL RISK WHEN USING THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES. YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF, YOUR PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, AND YOUR HEIRS, HEREBY VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND, AND INDEMNIFY ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM AND ITS STOCKHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, CONSULTANTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUBLICENSEES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM PARTIES") FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR LOSSES FOR BODILY INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, WRONGFUL DEATH, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF PRIVACY, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR HARM, WHETHER TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES, THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES.
9. USER INFORMATION; PASSWORD PROTECTION To access and/or use the Website and use the Services, You may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. You represent and warrant that all user information You provide in connection with Your use of the Website and Services will be current, complete, and accurate, and that You will update that information as necessary to maintain its completeness and accuracy.If Online Vin Checks believes in its sole discretion that the information You provide is not current, complete, or accurate, Online Vin Checks has the right to refuse You access to the Website and Services and/or to terminate or suspend your access at any time. You represent and warrant that You will not create a fake account. You may also be asked to provide a user name and password in connection with Your use of certain of the Services. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password. You may not use the account, user name, or password of any other member at any time. You agree to notify Online Vin Checks immediately of any unauthorized use of Your account, user name, or password. Online Vin Checks shall not be liable for any loss that You incur as a result of someone else using Your password, either with or without Your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Online Vin Checks, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives due to someone else's use of Your account or password.
11. CONSENT TO RECEIVE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS FROM ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM PARTNER MARKETERS Without limitation, by registering for the Website and/or Services and/or by providing your name, email, postal or residential address, and/or phone number through the Website or Services, you hereby consent to receive, and openly and knowingly solicit, electronic communications, including SMS communications (for informational purposes only) or, email (for all permissible commercial purposes) from Online Vin Checks partner firms which may include third party marketing companies, affiliates, advertising agencies, and data aggregation companies regarding our or their services., You may opt-out of receiving electronic communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication, but you must contact the third-parties directly to do so.
12. RESERVED RIGHTS FOR ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM FEES
(a) Reserved Rights for Online Vin Checks's Fees
You acknowledge and agree that Online Vin Checks reserves the right to charge for access to the Website and use of the Services, in accordance with the Online Vin Checks Fees that are clearly disclosed throughout the Website. Online Vin Checks's decision not to exercise any specific right or require performance of any specific obligation under this Agreement, including without limitation the collection of regularly recurring fees from You, shall not affect Online Vin Checks's subsequent ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter. Nor shall Online Vin Checks's waiver of Your breach constitute Online Vin Checks's waiver of any subsequent breach by You or any other user of the Website and/or Services. By using the Website and/or Services, You authorize Online Vin Checks, and/or its payment processor, to charge Online Vin Checks's fees to the credit card, debit card, or other payment method You provide.
(b) Online Vin Checks Fees: Offer Details
We offer TWO options:
1) Receive a single report for $1.00. This is a one-time fee, for a single report. Our customer service phone is 1-866-203-7897
2) Our Optional Volume Discount Package: You will received unlimited reports for 3 months at of a cost of only $18.95/month. You can cancel this package at andtime by calling 1-866-203-7897 or use our 24x7 online customer support. If we are unable to address your questions or if you remain dissatisfied for any reason, we will be happy to close your account and refund your last transaction within 90 days of the billing date of that transaction. You can expect the refund back to your original card within three to five business days.
Volume Discount Offer Refund Policy: To cancel at any time and have your last month's payment of $18.95 refunded, please contact customer care at 1-866-203-7897 or use our 24x7 online customer support. In addition to our refund policy we also offer a search credit for any unsuccessful search. You can expect the refund back to your original card within three to five business days.
13. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES The Website is linked with the websites of third parties ("Third-Party Websites"), some of whom may have established relationships with Online Vin Checks and some of whom may not. Online Vin Checks does not have control over the content and performance of Third-Party Websites. Online Vin Checks has not reviewed, and cannot review or control, all of the material, including computer software or other goods or services, made available on or through third-party websites. Accordingly, Online Vin Checks does not represent, warrant, or endorse any third-party website, or the accuracy, currency, content, fitness, lawfulness, or quality of the information, material, goods, or services available through third-party websites. Online Vin Checks disclaims, and you agree to assume, all responsibility and liability for any damages or other harm, whether to you or to third parties, resulting from your use of third-party websites.
14. PROHIBITED USES Online Vin Checks imposes certain restrictions on Your use of the Website and the Services. You represent and warrant that you will not: (a) "stalk" or otherwise harass any person, or contact any person who has requested not to be contacted; (b) provide false, misleading or inaccurate information to Online Vin Checks or any other member; (c) impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity; (d) while, using the Website and Services, use "ad blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to hide, block or prevent the proper display of online advertising; (e) modify or change the placement and location of any advertisement appearing on the Website; (f) harvest or otherwise collect information about Online Vin Checks users, including email addresses and phone numbers; (g) use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents) to harvest or otherwise collect information from the Website for any use, including without limitation use on third-party websites; (h) access content or data not intended for You, or log onto a server or account that You are not authorized to access; (i) attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Services, the Website, or any associated system or network, or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (j) interfere or attempt to interfere with the use of the Website or Services by any other user, host, or network, including, without limitation by means of submitting a virus, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mail bombing," or "crashing"; (k) use the Website or Services to send unsolicited e-mail, including without limitation promotions or advertisements for products or services; (l) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any uploading or posting to, or transmission, display, performance or distribution by means of, the Website or Services; or (m) attempt to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by the Online Vin Checks Parties in providing the Website or Services. Any violation of this section may subject You to civil and/or criminal liability.
15. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
(a) Compliance with Law
You represent and warrant that, when using the Website and Services, You will obey the law and respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Website and Services is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property generally. You agree not to upload, post, transmit, display, perform, or distribute any content, information or other materials in violation of any third-party's copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. YOU HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE OWNER OF ANY USER CONTENT THAT YOU SUBMIT TO THE WEBSITE. YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY VIOLATIONS OF ANY LAWS AND FOR ANY INFRINGEMENTS OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS CAUSED BY YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES. COMPANY BEARS THE SOLE BURDEN OF PROVING THAT CONTENT, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS DO NOT VIOLATE ANY LAWS OR THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS.
Online Vin Checks and the "Online Vin Checks logo" (collectively, the "Online Vin Checks Marks") are trademarks or registered trademarks of Online Vin Checks. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos, and domain names appearing on the Website may be the trademarks of third-parties. Neither Your use of the Website and Services nor this Agreement grant You any right, title or interest in or to, or any license to reproduce or otherwise use, the Online Vin Checks Marks or any third-party trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos, or domain names. You agree that any goodwill in the Online Vin Checks Marks generated as a result of Your use of the Website and Services will inure to the benefit of Online Vin Checks, and You agree to assign, and hereby do assign, all such goodwill to Online Vin Checks. You shall not at any time, nor shall You assist others to, challenge Online Vin Checks's right, title, or interest in or to, or the validity of, the Online Vin Checks Marks.
(c) Copyrighted Materials; Copyright Notice
All content and other materials available through the Website and Services, including without limitation the Online Vin Checks logo, design, text, graphics, and other files, and the selection, arrangement, and organization thereof, are either owned by Online Vin Checks or are the property of Online Vin Checks's licensors and suppliers. Except as explicitly provided, neither Your use of the Website and Services nor this Agreement grant You any right, title, or interest in or to any such materials.
(d) DMCA Policy
As Online Vin Checks asks others to respect Online Vin Checks's intellectual property rights, Online Vin Checks respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe content located on or linked-to by the Website violates Your copyright, you are encouraged to please immediately notify Online Vin Checks by means of emailed notice ("Infringement Notice"), providing the information described herein. If Online Vin Checks takes action in response to an Infringement Notice, it will make a good faith attempt to contact the party that made such content available by means of the most recent email address, if any, provided by such party to Online Vin Checks. Please be advised that you may be held liable for damages based on certain material misrepresentations contained in an Infringement Notice. Thus, if you are not sure content located on or linked-to by the Website infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
All Infringement Notices should include the following:
A signature, electronic or physical, of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
An identification of the copyright claimed to have been infringed;
A description of the nature and location of the material that you claim to infringe your copyright, in sufficient detail to permit Online Vin Checks to find and positively identify that material;
Your name, address, telephone number and email address; and
A statement by you: (i) that you believe in good faith that the use of the material that you claim to infringe your copyright is not authorized by law, or by the copyright owner or such owner's agent; and, (ii) under penalty of perjury, that all of the information contained in your Infringement Notice is accurate, and that you are either the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.Infringement Notices should be sent to manager at onlinevinchecks.com with the subject line "DMCA Notice onlinevinchecks.com". Online Vin Checks will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the offending material or disabling all links to the offending material.
16. DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
(a) NO WARRANTIES.
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF ITS SEARCH REPORTS. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OUR REPORTS REPRESENTS THE LIEN RECORDS AND DATA OF THE NATIONAL DATABASE PROVIDERS ON OR BEFORE THE DATE AND TIME INDICATED ON THE REPORT. ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING ANY LIENS OR SECURITY INTERESTS FILED AFTER THE DATE AND TIME INDICATED ON THE REPORT. IN ADDITION, ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR THE CRIMINAL OR FRAUDULENT ACTS OF THIRD PARTIES. ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE TURN AROUND TIME OF ITS SEARCH REPORTS. ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE, THAT YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF AN UNUSUAL DELAY IN THE TRANSMISSION OF OUR REPORTS. BY ACCEPTING THIS LICENSE TO USE OUR WEBSITE YOU ALSO AGREE THAT, AS A CONDITION OF ANY PAYMENT TO YOU, YOUR SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, BY ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM AS PART OF ITS GUARANTEE OF THE ACCURACY OF ITS REPORTS, YOU, YOUR SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS WILL SUBROGATE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST ANY PARTY THAT CAUSED THE LIEN OR SECURITY INTEREST TO BE FILED.
FURTHER, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE WEBSITE, ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCE, OR TITLE, IN ADDITION TO ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. NEITHER ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM NOR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THE LIABILITY OF ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE FURNISHING OF SERVICES PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS, TORTIOUS CONDUCT, ERRORS, OR OTHER DEFECTS, REPRESENTATIONS, OR ARISING OUT OF THE FAILURE TO THE FURNISH SERVICES, WHETHER CAUSED BY ACTS OF COMMISSION OR OMISSION, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE OCCURRING, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST REVENUES), WHETHER CAUSED BY THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM, ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM PARTIES, OR ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM USERS, OR THEIR AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES.
(b) YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE; BACKUP OF DATA
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU WILL NOT HOLD ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM OR ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, AS APPLICABLE, RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY OF YOUR COMPUTERS OR
DATA. THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS, OR OTHER LIMITATIONS.IMPORTANTLY, YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT A CATASTROPHIC DISK FAILURE OR OTHER EVENT COULD RESULT IN THE LOSS OF ALL OF THE DATA RELATED TO YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BACKUP YOUR DATA TO YOUR PERSONAL COMPUTER OR EXTERNAL STORAGE DEVICE AND TO ENSURE SUCH BACKUPS ARE SECURE.
(c) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE LIABILITY OF ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS IS LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM OR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, LOSS OF PRIVACY, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES OR OF ANY ADVICE OR NOTICE GIVEN TO ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM OR ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR FORM OF ACTION. ADDITIONALLY, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS TO YOU UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BE $50.00. YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY REPRESENTS A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK AND IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM AND YOU. THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS.
THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS DO NOT IN ANY WAY LIMIT ANY OTHER DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES OR ANY OTHER LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM OR BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OF ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM'S LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. UNLESS LIMITED OR MODIFIED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM'S LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS ARE INTENDED THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES OF THESE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS, AND LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE SHALL ALTER ANY OF THE DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS STATED IN THIS SECTION.
17. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
You represent and warrant that Your use of the Website and Services will be in accordance with this Agreement and any other Online Vin Checks policies, and with any applicable laws or regulations.
18. INDEMNITY BY YOU Without limiting any indemnification provision of this Agreement, You (the "Indemnitor") agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Online Vin Checks and the Online Vin Checks Parties (collectively, the "Indemnitees") from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, causes of action, and other proceedings (collectively, "Claims"), including but not limited to legal costs and fees, and providing sole and exclusive control of the defense of any action to Online Vin Checks, including the choice of legal counsel and all related settlement negotiations, arising out of or relating to: (i) the relationship between You and Online Vin Checks, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory; (ii) Your breach of this Agreement, including without limitation any representation or warranty contained in this Agreement; (iii) Your access to or use of the Website or Services; (iv) Your provision to Online Vin Checks or any of the Indemnitees of information or other data; or (v) Your violation or alleged violation of any foreign or domestic, international, federal, state, or local law or regulation; or (vi) Your violation or alleged violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
The Indemnitees each have the individual right, but not the obligation, to participate through counsel of their choice in any defense by You of any Claim as to which You are required to defend, indemnify, or hold harmless any, each, and/or all Indemnitees. You may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of the concerned Indemnified Parties.
19. GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION AND VENUE
(a) 1-Year Limitations Period
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION BY YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, OR THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE INSTITUTED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE OR BE FOREVER WAIVED AND BARRED. ALL ACTIONS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN ABOVE.
(b) Binding Arbitration
If You and Online Vin Checks cannot resolve a Claim through negotiations, either party may elect to have the Claim finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. Any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other(s). YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WITHOUT THIS PROVISION, YOU WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT WITH A JURY TRIAL OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party.
The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by this Agreement, available at the AAA website www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. Except as otherwise provided for herein, Online Vin Checks will pay the AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedures 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, You hereby agree to reimburse Online Vin Checks for all payments disbursed that are your obligation to reimbursed under the AAA Rules. If you are unable to pay the arbitration fee, Online Vin Checks will pay it directly upon receiving a written request and a sworn statement that you are unable to pay. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement. All issues are for the arbitrator to resolve, except that issues relating to the enforceability of the arbitration provision for a Court of Competent Jurisdiction to resolve. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through document submission, through telephone, or online. The arbitrator will issue a decision in writing, but need only provide a statement of reasons if requested by a party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Online Vin Checks may litigate to compel arbitration in court, to stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to modify, confirm, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
(c) Restrictions Against Joinder of Claims
You and Online Vin Checks agree that any arbitration shall be limited to each Claim individually. YOU AND ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM HEREBY AGREE THAT EACH MAY ONLY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER IN YOUR OR ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM'S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then, to the full extent allowable under applicable law, (1) no arbitration shall be joined with any other arbitration, and (2) there is no right for any Claim to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to employ class action procedures, and (3) there is no right of authority for any dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf either of the general public or any other individuals.
(d) Remedies in Aid of Arbitration; Equitable Relief
This agreement to arbitrate will not preclude You or Online Vin Checks from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration, including without limitation orders to stay a court action, compel arbitration or confirm an arbitral award, from a Court of Competent Jurisdiction. Furthermore, this agreement to arbitrate will not preclude You or Online Vin Checks from applying to a court of competent jurisdiction for a temporary restraining order, preliminary injunction, or other interim or conservatory relief, as necessary. As used herein, "Court of Competent Jurisdiction" means any federal or state court that has jurisdiction over the subject matter.
(a) BY ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM
WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO, IN ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM'S SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR ANY BREACH OR SUSPECTED BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
(b) AUTOMATIC TERMINATION UPON BREACH BY YOU
This Agreement shall automatically terminate in the event that You breach any of this Agreement's representations, warranties, or covenants. Such termination shall be automatic, and shall not require any action by Online Vin Checks.
(c) BY YOU
You may terminate this Agreement and Your rights hereunder at any time, for any or no reason at all, by providing to Online Vin Checks notice of Your intention to do so, in the manner required by this Agreement.
(d) EFFECT OF TERMINATION
Any termination of this Agreement automatically terminates all rights and licenses granted to You under this Agreement, including all rights to use the Website and Services. Upon termination, Online Vin Checks may, but has no obligation to, in Online Vin Checks's sole discretion, rescind any services and/or delete from Online Vin Checks's systems all Your Personal Information and any other files or information that You made available to Online Vin Checks or that otherwise relate to Your use of the Website or Services. Upon termination, You shall cease any use of the Website and Services. Subsequent to termination, Online Vin Checks reserves the right to exercise whatever means it deems necessary to prevent Your unauthorized use of the Website and Services, including without limitation technological barriers such as IP blocking and direct contact with Your Internet Service Provider.
(e) LEGAL ACTION
If Online Vin Checks, in Online Vin Checks's discretion, takes legal action against You in connection with any actual or suspected breach of this Agreement, Online Vin Checks will be entitled to recover from You as part of such legal action, and You agree to pay, Online Vin Checks's reasonable costs and attorney's fees incurred as a result of such legal action. The Online Vin Checks Parties will have no legal obligation or other liability to You or to any third party arising out of or relating to any termination of this Agreement.
Upon termination, all rights and obligations created by this Agreement will terminate, except that Sections 1, 2, 4-9, and 12-23 will survive any termination of this Agreement.
21. NOTICES All notices required or permitted to be given under this Agreement must be in writing. Online Vin Checks shall give any notice by email sent to the most recent email address, if any, provided by the intended recipient to Online Vin Checks. You agree that any notice received from Online Vin Checks electronically satisfies any legal requirement that such notice be in writing. YOU BEAR THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF ENSURING THAT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON FILE WITH ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM IS ACCURATE AND CURRENT, AND NOTICE TO YOU SHALL BE DEEMED EFFECTIVE UPON THE SENDING BY ONLINEVINCHECKS.COM OF AN EMAIL TO THAT ADDRESS.
22. PARTIAL INVALIDITY Should any part of this Agreement be declared invalid, void, or unenforceable by a Court of Competent Jurisdiction, such decision shall not affect the validity of any remaining portion hereof, which shall remain in full force and effect, and the parties hereby acknowledge and agree that they would have executed the remaining portion hereof without including the part so declared by a Court of Competent Jurisdiction, to be invalid, void, or unenforceable.
23. GENERAL This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Online Vin Checks and You concerning Your use of the Website and Services. This Agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Online Vin Checks or by the unilateral amendment of this Agreement by Online Vin Checks and by the posting by Online Vin Checks of such amended version. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. This Agreement and all of Your rights and obligations hereunder will not be assignable or transferable by You without the prior written consent of Online Vin Checks. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors, and permitted assigns. You and Online Vin Checks are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. Except for the Online Vin Checks Parties and the Indemnified Parties as and to the extent set forth in Sections 8, 14, 16a, 18, 20e, and 23 and in this paragraph, and Online Vin Checks's licensors and suppliers as to the extent expressly stated in this Agreement, there are no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that any actual or threatened breach of this Agreement or infringement of proprietary or other third-party rights by You would cause irreparable injury to Online Vin Checks and Online Vin Checks's licensors and suppliers, and would therefore entitle Online Vin Checks or Online Vin Checks's licensors or suppliers, as the case may be, to injunctive relief. The headings in this Agreement are for the purpose of convenience only and shall not limit, enlarge, or affect any of the covenants, terms, conditions or provisions of this Agreement.